Thursday, June 26, 2008

Chickens in our Bathroom



Adalee and Ryland love their chickens. Every morning they saunter into the bathroom to see how the chickens handled the night. The first words spoken are, "Can I hold my chickens?" Usually we reply with, "Not right now.", but today I decided to have a little fun! While I was getting ready for the day I let the chicks Kerrigan, Alusa and Eliza "hang-out". Adalee does pretty well at picking them up. She's gentle, but not patient. She gets a little frustrated when they run away from her. However, with a little perserverence and calming encouragement from Mom, she ends up with the prize on her lap.

Ryland on the other hand likes to torture the chicks. He sees his sister pick them up so he tries to follow suit. (He's good at trying everything she does. What does this tell us?) Lately Ryland has taken to pounding on the box and saying, "chhh, chhh, chhhh".

Alusa was lucky to get away from Ryland's death grip. Man, it's hard engaging both kids at various levels. I guess the chickens too will learn to persevere.
Adalee gets so excited when the chicks hang out that she can't stop jumping up and down.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: